@HelenCaldwel @ICT_MrP @SchPrehistory @DoInkTweets @WulfgarTheBard CoSpaces for VR Stone Age monuments. Video walk through for green screen😎 pic.twitter.com/jqY9p7oy4b— Ms Weston's Class (@vweston8) February 17, 2017
I have been wanted to find a way to create my own VR for a while and CoSpaces seems to be a great tool for this.
The website and app both allow you to create your own VR environment. It is free to use and just needs an email and password to get going. This week my digital leaders gave it a whirl and they absolutely loved it.
To begin with they were given some tinkering time. I gave them 15 minutes to simply play, experiment and discover the app and the way it works.
- Storytelling - Using the tool to retell a story or create their own story. The app allows you to add different scenes, objects, characters and even a voice recording for children to narrate their creations.
- Virtual Exhibitions - The app can be used to exhibit different pictures, which can be linked to a range of different curriculum areas. A timeline, an artist's portfolio or sporting greats.
- Creative Play - Using the app to build and create pretty much anything! Just being creative!
- Infographics - Using the program to present information and data in a more immersive way.
- Modelling - Building 3D models to explain and demonstrate different concepts in subjects like science.
This next example is of a Haunted House, accompanied by a spooky soundtrack composed by the pupils using the app, Launchpad.