Teaching Direct Speech Punctuation using the iPhone text messaging!
- The words that are spoken have to go within the speech marks.
- Any punctuation needs to also go inside the speech marks.
- A reporting clause, who and how they said it can go before, middle or end.
- A comma follows the reporting clause at the beginning.
- You need to start a new line when a new character speaks.
- The words spoken in the bubble have to go inside the speech marks including the punctuation.
- They also clearly see that every time a different character speaks they have to start a new line.
- The reporting clause can go before or after the speech bubble.